Saturday, August 2, 2008

Amazing Sunsets and Photomerge!

We had such an amazing sunset today in New Brunswick. And this is the view from my window:



In an attempt to get the full panoramic view, I took multiple photos going across the sky and then used Photomerge in Photoshop CS to automatically merge the images together. To get to this option, go to File --> Automate-->Photomerge. You'll need to make sure you have the photos you want to merge open. To get better blending of your photos, click on the "Advanced Blending" option.

In retrospect, the couple things I would change while taking these photos is (1) I wish I'd taken a second row of photos of the buildings below the the skyline so I could make more of a panoramic sized picture and (2) turning my digital camera off Automatic and fixing the focal length/shutter speed & white balance settings. This way, when you merge the photos, you'll see much less of a seam between them.

All in all though, I have to say the Photomerge tool is soo cool and powerful. You can also move around the photos in the preview window if it doesn't align them perfectly, and then it will still do its smart blending.

2 comments:

Beth O'Donovan said...

Can I just say that you are so amazingly talented!!
I just came across your blog in search of the Print and Cut feature for my Silhouette and decided to check out the rest of your blog.
Beautiful and creative inspirations, thank you!
Beth O'Donovan
London,ON

Anonymous said...

omg! hey aunt cindy^^ ur web is soooooo coolio! but, need to get updated w/ the date! but, so awsome...ttyl