Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Photo shaZAM

I decided to try out this photo editing tutorial posted by Jessica Sprague today. The results look a little better on my computer but for some reason when I upload them, the color gets washed out a bit. Anyway. It definitely does brighten up the picture a bit.

I'm actually waiting to get either CS3 or the latest version of PSE because they're supposed to come with Camera RAW 4 with has 2 new sliders - the Vibrance and Luminosity sliders - which allow you to do a lot of this type of editing directly in the Camera RAW add-in and not have to fumble with layers. And they changed it so that you can use Camera RAW on jpg files now too so that you can change white balance settings for those as well! Although this technique does allow you to fine tune more which areas get changed.

BEFORE:



AFTER:

2 comments:

milkcan said...

It looks fab!

Nathalie Kalbach said...

I love what you did with the photos!

I just realized you are from New Brunswick! I know New Brunswick a bit :-) My DH is from NJ and went to Rutgers University and we got married in Kirk Patrick's Chapel in NB. We often meet our friends in the Old Bay when we are back in the States. So fun!

Wishing you a gorgeous day!!! Waving from Germany!