Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Long Overdue Update

Okay, I know I've been pretty bad, and I'm long overdue for an update. I took a little break for a while from scrapping and got out of the habit of blogging regularly. I actually have been scrapping again for a while now, but have been neglecting my website in my laziness.
Anyway, I have tons of stuff to talk about but not sure where to start so I guess I'll start in the middle and work my way outward from there.

I recently got back from a trip to Arizona with my husband for our anniversary. You may be wondering why we decided to go to Arizona. Well, my darling husband decided he wanted to go golfing with his co-worker and scheduled the trip for right around our anniversary. Now keep in mind that this is only our second anniversary so of course I was miffed, but anyway - long story short, I was convinced to tag along on his trip.

In the end, all turned out for the best, and I got in 3 days of really good scrapping. The scrapbook stores in Arizona are HUGE compared to here - the largest store there, Scrapbooks Etc, is literally like 6 times the size of my apartment. Their crop space alone had enough to seat about 25-30 people. Aren't you jealous? Yeah me too... and they have so many amenities for crops like fully stocked die-cut labs, photo-printing facilities, drinks & snacks available for purchase, computers with 12x12 printers for journaling.

The people that worked at the stores were really sweet and nice and unlike many of the scrapbook stores on the East coast, these stores really seemed to be thriving. One of the side businesses that one scrapbook store had that really struck me was they used their facilities to design custom wedding & other event invitations, which really is a great idea if you think about the overlap in supplies and skills you use to make them.

Here is the anniversary card I made for Rob while I was cropping at one of the stores. I used a wedding invitation they had on display as inspiration for the card. It actually used the exact same font we had for our wedding invitations & programs so I thought it was perfect.





Overall, I have to say, I loved my time there and would totally go again. In fact, I think it would be interesting to organize a trip with some scrapping friends. I think my husband might just have found himself the ticket to complaint-free golf trips (though I won't be telling him that just yet).

One thing I do have to berate myself on - I took absolutely no pictures of myself or the stores while I was there. That's sacrilege I know, but my hubby hogged the camera the entire time for while he was on the golf course.

No comments: