Thursday, May 3, 2007

Design Team

Okay - so here is the big post that I should have posted a while back but was too lazy to. I was chosen to be a design team member for my local scrapbook store. It's a 6 month commitment and started in Feb of this year. I'm pretty excited about this first stint and I hope it leads to many more. I love the owners of the store and the products I get to try out.

For my first entry I was asked to create a layout that introduced myself and featured at least one large picture of me. That's pretty tough for me since most of the time, I don't really like myself in pictures - but you know what? Digital SLR's make a huge difference.



Deciding what to journal was the hardest part of this assignment. Since I wanted the body of the layout to say something about my personality, I decided to use the descriptions I found online of each of my zodiacs - the Scorpio and the Rooster. To fill in the space in the bottom of the second page, I chose to add a file folder containing more factual things about me and a premade die-cut to list some of my favorite things.

Ingredients:
Patterned paper by Rhonna Farrer
Cardstock by Bazzill
Ribbon
Chocolate/Sand Stick Outs 3D Stickers by Chatterbox
My Mind's Eye Full of Spunk Pack accessories card ("My Favorite Things")
Distress Ink Tattered Rose
Ribbon Glue
Sizzix File Folder Die

Fonts:
Title: QK Washington
Journaling: KleinSlabSerif
Rubons: CK Postcard

No comments: