Saturday, May 5, 2007

May Design Team Submission for the Scrapper's Cove

This month we tested out the new Tres Jolie line of papers and coordinating die cuts from My Mind's Eye. Staying in theme with the season I chose to do a summer layout and some spring themed cards.



Ingredients:
Cardstock: Bazzill
Patterned paper: Tres Jolie by My Mind's Eye
Die Cuts: Tres Jolie / KaleidoQuote by My Mind's Eye
Prima flowers

This layout was inspired by a sketch in Scrapbooks Etc. Feb 2007 issue. I really like this double-sided patterned paper line by My Mind's Eye, but I personally prefer the distressed solid color side to the patterned sides. I tend not to use as much patterned paper throughout my layouts. But the distressing on the solid sides - I love the look this gives, and they chose really great colors like the aqua above and the pink in the cards below for this line of papers. This layout also features some space for hidden journaling on the green tag that can be pulled out on the left side of the picture collage



Ingredients:
Cardstock: Bazzill
Patterned paper: Tres Jolie by My Mind's Eye
Stamps: Clearly wordsworth
Die cut fonts: CK CardStarters
Bottlecap
Rubons by SEI
Prima flowers

This month I decided to do a set of cards for the second part of my submission. I wanted to experiment a bit with my new Silhouette, so I downloaded a font called CK Cardstarters from ScrapnFonts.com which basically is a Wingding font that has phrases like "Happy Mothers Day" in place of letters. This is nice because the the words look a lot more cohesive. The other thing that I experimented with this month was using flattened bottle caps. I've been looking at these in the magazines and wanting to give it a try, so I used my sizzix machine to flatten them and then painted with some white acrylic paint and adhered some prima flowers. I still need to get the hang of the technique of using these, so you'll probably see me experiment with them more in days to come.

No comments: