Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Tuesday Update

Sorry I've been so MIA recently. I've been so busy with vacation & then Memorial Day Weekend. Lots of time spent with family. I'm back in civilization, and back to scrapping. I've got some major updates to give, but in the meantime, just wanted to share some of my favorite pictures from my trip to California with my hubby & his family:

Random picture by the Carmel Mission in Monterey Bay - I just really liked the sign & the vines next to it



California's full of the prettiest wildflowers - some of which have weird names like the Sticky Monkey Flower. Not sure what this batch is called, but we took the pictures on the way to look at McWay Cove.





The cove itself was absolutely gorgeous - perfect white sand beach, a running waterfall, and clear aquamarine waters. I really wanted to walk on the sand by the beach, but it's a preserved landmark so look only.



My favorite pictures of the trip were these candids of Rob's dad. He's so funny and wacky - willing to try anything once pretty much. This is him squeezing into the side of a rock to get a picture of us:



This is him trying to squeeze through the locked gate of the Legion of Honor museum in San Fran to get a better look at the Thinker.





Sunset at Carmel Beach:



A random overlook on the coast of California (Route 1) between Big Sur & Monterey (I think - the drive on Route 1 lasted forever, and I dozed in and out, so I wasn't paying too close attention).



This is a really neat picture, although unfortunately, my digital SLR broke for this part of the trip (*cry*) so it's only taken with the point-and-shoot. This is Mirror Lake in Yosemite National Park. That's Rob & his sister sitting on the stone.



Rob & me by Nevada Falls - yes - I hiked - 7 miles too, up 2 waterfalls and back down, and I survived...maybe not in the best condition the next day, but hey - it's definitely a sense of accomplishment. I don't think I'll be trying that again anytime soon though. I was terrified coming back down the side of the falls.



I can't wait to finally get settled back in and start scrapping again. I've got my June design team submission coming up fast, and the elusive Disney album that was started ages ago but never finished, and I've also got to wrap up the album of my neice & nephew for my sister for her birthday in June. One layout at a time....

No comments: