Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Martha Stewart Scrapbooking

Okay, lots of posting to catch up on, but for now, here is my latest update:

Today I'm going to the Martha Stewart show at 2 PM. She's featuring a series of shows dedicated to scrapbooking. Now - I know that many people have been negative about her branching into the scrapbooking space with her new line of products (especially when she hasn't shown much interest before) and her attitude toward the hobby right now, which is mostly that it's disorganized and boring and that she is going to be the one to jazz up the image.

But, you know, I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt right now. I'd like to see what she comes up with for her shows and hopefully, will restore some of my belief that this isn't just another business opportunity for her.

Her new products are available in Michael's and online here: http://www.marthastewartcrafts.com/

Not so nice wall street journal article about MS & Scrapbooking here:
http://www.dailyherald.com/business/story.asp?id=306660

That article created a lot of controversy and I think a large portion of this ill will towards MS's new scrapbooking line.

As much as I feel the products aren't really my sort of thing either, I'm kind of hoping that she'll be giving out freebies during the show. =) I can't resist free stuff.

No comments: