Sunday, June 3, 2007

June Design Team Submission

Finally got my assignment for this month finished. This month the kit focused on the Cocktail Dress line of patterned papers from Luxe. Since the papers were such bright & fun patterns, I thought they'd be perfect to try with some black / white background layouts. I've been wanting to try a layout like this for some time, but since I'm not really much of a doodler I've been a bit hesitant.



This layout I did of my newest nephew, SunJae. He's the most adorable little thing, and we had a lot of fun that weekend watching him crawl around and get distracted by the various things on the floor, or even just the floor itself. I used my Silhouette again for the title name and then wrote with my Souffle pen on the Bazzill Great Big Brads for the months. I love Souffle - it's hands down the best opaque white pen for dark surfaces, works on pretty much anything.

For the journaling, I printed onto paper strips using my computer. If you don't know how to do this, print your journaling first on regular white paper to make sure that you've got the sizing and placement correct. Then take the paper piece you want to print on and use removable adhesive to attach the piece to white paper, holding it up to the light to make sure your alignment is correct. Then place the combined paper back into your printer and run it through one more time.

Ingredients
Cocktail Dress Luxe Patterned Paper
Bazzill cardstock
Silhouette (Font: Arial Bold)
Creating Keepsakes Font Rubons
Bazzill Great Big Brads
Quickutz tag die
Prima Flowers
Ribbon
Paper clip





For this layout, I wanted to incorporate a bunch of photos from our "photo shoot" this day, so I used a film negative overlay that I bought from Two Peas by Rhona Fharrer and using photoshop, I made multiple copies, placing them next to each other to create a negative strip. I then resized and placed my photos and printed.

The title is a little hard to read - it says "Good Friends & a Great Camera". Unfortunately, the ampersand was too large to place on the left, so I put it on the right instead, so the title doesn't flow as nicely as I would like. I stamped the title using white acrylic paint and unmounted Alphabet stamps from Club Scrap.

I attached some Junkitz Ringz to my main photo mat, and tied some fun ribbons to it to add a bit of interest. Again, I wrote on the Bazzill Great Big Brads to get a subtitle in there.

Ingredients:
Luxe Patterned Paper
Bazzill cardstock
Bazzill Great Big Brads
Club Scrap Unmounted Stamps
Joann Essentials Alphabet Brads
Chipboard
Ribbon
Junkitz Ringz
Rhonna Fharrer Digital Negative Overlay

No comments: