Friday, June 22, 2007

NYCScraps 1-in-48 Class Assignment 1

Okay, I finally got the first assignment finished for Hillary's 1-in-48 class - only 9 days late...yeah, I have no excuse. Life interrupts. Anyway, this first assignment dealt with manipulating text to form different shapes.

This layout is of my neice dressing up to be flower girl on my wedding day. I used the phrase "Princess for a Day" repeatedly to shape the crown accent above the title & embellished with some rhinestones. I've been wanting to use some bling on my layouts & this was the perfect opportunity.

I die-cut the "Yuri" using Witched font on my Silhouette and then sprinkled silver glitter over it. I then stamped some flourishes in 3 different ink colors to make the background more interesting.

Incidentally - the reason why this layout took so long to do - I'd originally started out intending to make my own custom rubons for the title & journaling since I don't have a wide format paper & I wanted to stick to just one sheet of background paper. That didn't work out as I posted earlier, so - I had to figure out how to split up the layout so I could at least print the title on smaller paper.

I think I'm happy with the result, although this layout is simpler than I typically choose to do. I do think that I made the most of the actual point of the assignment, which was to manipulate text to form shapes.


Ingredients:
Paper: Bohemia by My Mind's Eye
Stamps: Flourishes by Autumn Leaves
Rhinestones: Jewels by Doodlebug Design
Fonts: Imprint MT Shadow (Princess for a day), ChocolateBoxDecorated (Princess), Witched (Yuri)

Photography by Henry Chan (reprinted with his permission)

No comments: