Sunday, June 17, 2007

Sidetracked

I had originally planned to get a ton of scrapbooking done this weekend, but...I got sidetracked, decided to spend more quality time with the hubby instead...playing video games =P

Anyway - for one of the assignments for Hillary's 1-in-48 class, I'd wanted to create my own custom rub-on to get text placed on my 12x12 layout without a printer that can print on that size. I'd recently read an article in Scrapbooks, Etc. about how to do it using a transparency, some Matte spray protectant and an inkjet printer. So, I went out an got my supplies and tried it out.

What I discovered was that this technique doesn't work for me for some reason. The ink never dries, and the article had clearly said you should wait for the ink to dry. Also, the matte protectant cause the ink to bead. Maybe I have the wrong type of ink for this, I don't know. In the end, I tried doing the transfer with the beaded, still wet ink, and don't like the results at all. So that's a no go. Now I've got to figure out how I'm going to get this text on there without being able to print directly on the cardstock.

Incidentally, on my way home from Michael's to pick up the supplies, I locked myself out of the car and had to pay an exhorbitant $110 to have the locksmith unlock it (that's the discounted price for paying all in cash!!). So - this will undoubtedly be the most expensive layout I will ever make, and unfortunately, the technique doesn't even work! What a bummer.




Also, thought I'd share a couple things that were really inspiring me this Sunday. This picture is from the sunset yesterday - the golden light just hit our window at the perfect angle for some dramatic lighting, and the sky was such a deep blue. I love sunsets like this!



This paper I picked up at Michael's the other day from K&Co. I don't know how I'm going to use it yet, but I just love the details - each section is great for little inspirations.


No comments: